The battery is the centrepiece of modern electric drive concepts. Therefore, great efforts are being made worldwide to make this electric energy storage unit as efficient, powerful, cost-effective and safe as possible.
Battery research plays a central role for the AIT Austrian Institute of Technology. The scientists are pursuing a holistic research and development approach that improves the key performance indicators of the battery itself while also optimising its integration into the vehicle. The entire development process from material optimisation to battery testing through to system design is covered.
Electrode Preparation and Cell Production
- Model-assisted battery material development and optimisation
- Industry-oriented electrode engineering and cell production
- Comprehensive physicochemical and electrochemical characterisation (in- and ex-situ methods)
- Post-mortem analysis
- Accredited electrical, environmental and safety tests on cell, module and system level
- SOX (State of Health, State of Charge, etc.) determination
- Simulations in 1 and 3D at cell and system level including ageing
- Cell selection and benchmarking based on extensive battery databases
Researchteam Battery Technologies