Under a contract research project sponsored by dental technology company a.tron3d of Carinthia, Austria, experts from the AIT have developed the smallest intelligent optical 3D scan sensor in the world.
The idea behind this is to measure teeth in a contactless way, dispensing with conventional silicone dental impressions. In collaboration with our partner, a.tron3d, the AIT team succeeded in developing something novel and unique in the area of 3D technology. The 3D intraoral scanner is equipped with a stereo camera. The associated software developed by AIT captures all the images in real time and passes the data to a computer via USB port. The data thus acquired is used to create a 3D image in real time, thus obviating the need for time-consuming silicone impressions. Thanks to its extremely practical shape, the 3D intraoral scanner is fully mobile and can be used anywhere.
- Smallest 3D intraoral scanner in the world
- Simple to use
- No maintenance or calibration required
- Can be used in any dental laboratory
- Mobile solution (USB port)
- Made in Austria
- Real-time visualisation of the 3D model
- Scanning is quick
- No scan spray or powders required
- 3D model can be sent to any dental clinic in the world
- Open system architecture