Rolling resistance, Skid Resistance, and Noise Emission measurement standards for road surfaces
ROSANNE was a collaborative project in the Seventh EU Framework Program which aimed at developing or harmonizing measurement methods for skid resistance, noise emission and rolling resistance of road pavements as a preparation for standardization. To achieve this, the project followed the recommendations of key predecessor projects (like TYROSAFE, HERMES, SILVIA, SILENCE and MIRIAM), as well as considering ongoing work in CEN and ISO. The project developed the technical basis for standards in the field of working group CEN/TC 227/WG 5 “Road surface characteristics” and cooperating ISO groups.
This project received funding from the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2008-2013) under grant agreement No 605368. For more information see the project webpage: http://rosanne-project.eu/
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology
- DRD Danish Road Directorate
- TRL Transport Research Laboratory
- VTI Statens Vag- och Transportforskningsinstitut
- BASt Bundesanstalt für Straßenwesen
- IFSTTAR Institut Français Des Sciences et Technologies Des Transports, de l’Aménagement et des Reseaux
- BRRC Belgian Road Research Centre
- TUG Politechnika Gdanska
- ZAG Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute
- FEHRL Forum of European National Highway Research Laboratories
- DIN Deutsches Institut Für Normung E.V.