Given the rapid technological development in mobility, the demands on aluminium and magnesium wrought alloys are constantly increasing. This concerns material properties such as strength, corrosion resistance, joinability and crash behavior, as well as the processability of the alloys through processes such as extrusion and deep drawing.
The scientists and technologists at LKR have many years of experience in the design and processing of light metal alloys and support partners in alloy development.
- Adaptation and development of Al and Mg wrought alloys to meet customer requirements
- Thermodynamic and thermo-kinetic simulation of alloy systems
- Development of tailor-made heat treatments and process conditions
- Casting, homogenisation, extrusion, forging and deep drawing of test alloys
- Microstructural and mechanical characterization
- Fire resistant magnesium alloys
- Fire resistant magnesium alloys for forming processes
- Fire resistant magnesium alloys for additive manufacturing
- Compositionally Complex Alloys und High Entropy Alloys
- Nanoscale Eutectic Alloys
- Ultralight alloys
APA-Science war zu Besuch am LKR Ranshofen und hat sich von den zahlreichen Leichtbmetall-Innovationen überzeugt. Highlight war die Demonstration des Schweißbrenners im neuen Additive-Manufacturing-Laboratory.