Our research focus lies in the development of novel, high-performance anode and cathode materials for the future, as well as the optimization of existing cell chemistries. Our team performs research on:
- Generation 3, high-nickel NMC (LiNixMnyCo1-x-yO2) and LNMO (LiNi0.5Mn1.5O2) cathode materials
- Si–C composites and Sn-based anode materials
- Cathode and anode materials for Mg-ion batteries
Starting materials for the synthesis of cathode and anode materials
Wet-chemical and solid state synthesis of cathode and anode materials
- 2 fume hoods with electricity and gas connections (Ar, N2, Ar/O2, O2) and manually adjustable airflow
- Schlenk technology for chemical synthesis in the absence of oxygen and humidity
- ZUA 2000 universal applicator with adjustable gap height
- Autoclave reactor vesels (max 220°C, max. 6 MPa)
- Semi micro balance
- Vaccuum drying chamber (max. 200°C)
Heat-treatment in normal and inert gas atmosphere
- HT-1200 Dual zone tube furnaces (max. 1200°C, N2, Ar, O2, synthetic air and vacuum).
- Nabertherm L40/12/B180 box furnace (max. 1200°C, air atmosphere).
- Nabertherm L3/11/B410 box furnace (max. 1100°C, air atmosphere).
- Carbolite/Gero LHT 5/60 high temperature chamber (max. 500°C, air atmosphere)
MB 200G Glovebox (MBraun)
- Inert gas atmosphere with purification < 1ppm H2O/O2
- MTI hydraulic crimping tool for CR2016, CR2025 und CR2032 coin cells
Planetary ball mill
- Fritsch Pulverisette 5 planetary ball mill with 4 working stations. (500 ml steel milling bowl, rotational speed up to 400 rpm)
- Fritsch Pulverisette 6 planetary ball mill with 1 working station. (80 ml zirconia and agate milling bowls, 250 steel milling bowl, rotational speed up to 650 rpm)