The Research Engineering & Expert Advice career model is an ideal choice for those who combine innate curiosity with business skills and commercial knowledge.
This career model consists of the following levels:
- Junior Research Engineer / Junior Research Advisor
- Research Engineer / Research Advisor
- Senior Research Engineer / Senior Research Advisor
- You are responsible for developing complex concepts in areas such as software, hardware and methods, and ensure their implementation.
- You manage research projects of various sizes according to your level (junior, mid, senior).
- You ensure that projects are sustainable and, depending on your level, act as a contact for corporate customers and public bodies.
- You apply for patents and engage with scientific/technical networks and committees.
- You might also publish your research results in publications and present them at conferences.
- You work on methodological approaches, studies and (advisory/consultancy) processes.
- You are responsible for developing complex concepts and methods and implementing them accordingly.
- You manage small to large scale research projects according to your level (junior, mid, senior).
- You contribute to new research ideas and research project acquisition.
- You ensure that projects are sustainable and, according to your level, act as the direct contact for customers and partners.
- You participate in specialist bodies and committees.
- You build up research networks and maintain these business relationships.
- You present your research results in publications and at conferences.
Among the roles at AIT, Thematic Coordinators hold a particularly important role. In this position:
- You will help develop the research strategy for the responsible subject area in coordination with the strategy of your competence unit and support its implementation.
- You acquire national and international research projects and support research partners and customers.
- You take responsibility for the development of your team members and resource management.
- You may be appointed as the Deputy Head of the Competence Unit