Efficiency measures must be well thought out before an investment decision can be made on the integration of waste heat recovery, heat pumps and thermal or electrical storage. The first step is the analysis of the actual state, whereby it must first be examined whether the data situation and measurement technology are sufficient to make a conclusive statement.
The AIT Center for Energy is happy to support you in this process. We prepare the data and analyze process flows and energy flows, consisting of exergy and anergy, in order to derive the most economical efficiency measures. The possible efficiency measures are checked for technical and economic effectiveness by means of simulations and thus form the basis for investment decisions.
The AIT Center for Energy offers you extensive experience and expertise and also supports you in planning and implementation.
- Technical and economic feasibility studies, potential analyses and derivation of catalogs of measures
- Design of components and plants for economic waste heat utilization
- Use of alternative energy and material carriers (e.g. hydrogen)
- Creation of new plant concepts
- Finding integration possibilities of components and systems for the economic use of waste heat
- Digital mapping and integration of systems and components
- Comparison of different plants, systems and operating modes
- Forecasts for plant and energy utilization
- Investment decision support
- Cost optimization of production processes through model-based sensitivity analyses
- Prioritized catalogs of measures
- Independent technology assessments
- Operating data analyses
- Simulation and design of control and regulation concepts for thermal systems.
- Digitization, horizontal and vertical networking, data acquisition and visualization
- Statistical methods for classification, regression analysis, validation, optimization and prediction
- Digital twins in the form of functional mockup units
- Multidimensional optimization of heat flows
- DryFiciency: High temperature heat pumps in industrial use - Demonstration www.ait.ac.at/themen/sustainable-thermal-energy-systems/projects/dryficiency/
- StoreITup-IF: Latent heat storage in industrial use - demonstration www.ait.ac.at/themen/sustainable-thermal-energy-systems/projects/storeitup-if/
- MODELS www.ait.ac.at/themen/sustainable-thermal-energy-systems/projects/modeltes/
- TES4 SET www.ait.ac.at/themen/sustainable-thermal-energy-systems/projects/tes4set/
- EDCS Proof www.ait.ac.at/themen/sustainable-thermal-energy-systems/projects/edcsproof/