Collaborating with industry and academia, the Digital Insight Lab has been providing methods and tools for solving real-world data-oriented problems. Examples include:
- Analytics for understanding virtual currency ecosystems, such as Bitcoin (GraphSense, TITANIUM)
- Methods for using blockchain technology to drive data ecosystems (Data Market Austria)
- Solutions for the large-scale integration, analysis and visualization of Digital Humanities data (Pelagios, Europeana)
- Network monitoring and anomaly detection on large data sets for Cyber security (Patented AECID Technology; Projects: CAIS, synERGY)
- Cyber security incident reporting and threat intelligence analysis (CAESAIR technology; Projects: CIIS, CISA, ECOSSIAN)
The Digital Insight Lab team provides expertise for each step in a data science workflow, which typically begins with a clear hypothesis or problem formulation and covers the following subsequent phases: data aggregation and normalization, data analytics, data visualization, as well as data publication and preservation. All these phases can be built on strong security measures, providing privacy, confidentiality, and integrity.