It is broadly concerned with algorithms, their complexity and their embedding in larger logical systems.
At the algorithmic level, there is the rich interplay along the Numerical/Algebraic/Geometric/Topological axes.
At the logical level, there are issues of data organization, interpretation and associated tools.
These issues often arise in scientific and engineering computation where we need experimental and case studies to validate or enrich the theory.
MACIS is interested in outstanding and emerging problems in all these areas.
Previously MACIS was held in Vienna (2017), Berlin (2015), Nanning (2013), Beijing (2011), Fukuoka (2009), Paris (2007) and Beijing 2006.
List of Tracks
- T1: Algorithms and Foundations
- T2: Security/Cryptography
- T3: Combinatorics/Codes/Designs/Graphs
- T4: Data Modeling/Machine Learning
Submission GuidelinesAll papers must be original, written in English, and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Papers on experimental work and work-in-progress are welcome.
There are four categories of papers:
- Short papers: up to 5 pages including references,
- Regular papers: up to 15 pages including references,
- Software and Tools papers: up to 5 pages, present novel ways of using software/tools for solving problems in areas related to MACIS
- Early Stage Researcher (ESR) papers: up to 15 pages including references, all authors must be ESR (students or at most 2 years after their PhD).
The paper title must be tagged with the category of the paper and the corresponding track (T1,T2,T3 or T4) for short and regular papers, e.g., "SHORT-T1: ...title..." , "REGULAR-T1: ...title...", "SOFTWARE: ...title..." or "ESR: ...title...".
Please use the LNCS format from Springer to prepare your submission. All submissions must be done through easychair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=macis2019
Important DatesSubmission opens on June 15, 2019.
- Submission deadline: August 20, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: October 10, 2019
Organizing committeeZafeirakis Zafeirakopoulos (General Chair), Gebze TU, Gebze, Turkey Daniel Slamanig (PC Chair), AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria Elias Tsigaridas (PC Chair), Inria/SU/LIP6, Paris, France
Steering CommitteeJohannes Bloemer, Paderborn University, Germany Ilias Kotsireas, Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada Temur Kutsia, RISC, Johannes Kepler University, Austria Siegfried Rump, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany Dimitris E. Simos, SBA Research, Austria (Chair) Chee Yap, New York University, USA
VenueThe conference will be held in Gebze Technical University (Gebze, Turkey).
ContactAll questions about submissions should be emailed to the corresponding track chairs.
This CFP is also available (and possibly updated) in https://easychair.org/cfp/MACIS2019