The AIT Cyber Range CaSTLE (Cyber Security Training and Learning Environment) serves as a virtual environment for the flexible simulation of critical digital IT systems. It provides a secure and realistic environment for analyzing and testing incidents in different, scalable scenarios without the use of the genuine production systems of stakeholders.
Thus, it is possible to test and validate security measures, verify the resilience of different IT architectures as well as to train different security processes in the enterprise, and specific incident response processes for cyber incidents in realistic application scenarios to support real world IT deployments and ensure consistent IT operations for highest cyber security resilience. Trainings and exercises address the cyber security needs of staff, IT professionals, CERTs/CSIRTs, management and advisory boards in industry, research and government.
AIT’s Cyber Range …
- targets on customer specific IT-systems and architectures
- focuses on today’s threats & today’s ICT systems
- anticipates tomorrow´s threats and next generation ICT systems
- provides insights into how novel security technologies and processes can enhance computer security incident response
- supports the safe and secure design and operation of industrial control systems (ICS)
Cyber Security Training
The AIT Cyber Range supports effective IT security training by learning and training IT security measures tailored to meet individual needs and requirements (beginners, advanced and experts). The AIT Cyber Range is thus prepared individually for the agreed training scenarios from the cyber security training including technical simulations and hands-on experience for participants. Training includes but is not limited to cyber security awareness training for employees and management, Understanding IT and OT technologies and vulnerability management, Assessing security threats and attack scenarios and certification of knowledge and processes for IT operations and IT development
Cyber Security Exercises
Based on the requirements of the customer, AIT develops scalable and realistic cyber security scenarios for cyber security exercises. The AIT Cyber Range can be designed and implemented for various applications in various configurations, such as industrial control systems (ICS), digital networks and IT infrastructures. This enables industry and public sectors to work in realistic environments on the design, implementation and validation of new methods, technologies and processes in order to achieve resilience in organizations. The AIT Cyber Range exercises support IT security managers and specialists in remaining effective in the era of modern cyber threats through training and simulation. In addition, through our exercises the processes, internal communication and other means can be verified and tested.
- Understand the wide range of potential attack vectors and techniques in modern systems.
- Build efficient algorithms to extract, classify and cluster frequently occurring patterns in log files.
- Create concepts to automatically build system behavior profiles with pure observation only.
- Detect anomalies as a consequence of intrusion attempts in system behavior profiles.
- Correlate detected anomalies with threat intelligence and enrich findings with contextual data.
- Support the emergence of situational awareness by collecting, aggregating and interpreting the vital information
A cyber range is used as a safe, realistic environment to train, conduct and analyze security incidents in scenarios independently of production systems
Cyber Range Infografik
The Cyber Range IT training and simulation platform is used to share a comprehensively necessary knowledge in the cybersecurity sector with different actors
KSÖ Cybersecurity Planspiel 2017 Video
This video summarizes the KSÖ Cyber Security Planspiel 2017, Austrias national cyber security exercise, hosted on AIT’s Cyber Range.