Christoph Schmittner MSc
Digital Safety & Security
Security & Communication Technologies
Giefinggasse 4, 1210 Vienna
Field: Assessment and Testing of Autonomous and Safety-Critical Systems
Main Research: Safety and Security
Experience: My current research is focused on safety&security co-engineering, mainly in the automotive, transportation and industrial domain. Information security risks are a rising concern for software-based safety-critical systems. Increasing system complexity and connectivity leads to susceptibility against security threats. Connected safety critical systems needs to be intrusion tolerant and stay safe despite of attacks or intrusions.
- 2013-2014: Researcher
Laboratory for Safe and Secure Systems, Ostbayrische Technische Hochschule Regensburg / Germany
- 2011-2013: Project manager
IT-Inkubator Ostbayern GmbH / Germany
- 2009-2011: Working Student
Osram Opto Semiconductors / Germany
- 2015 - now: Expert in the Austrian mirror comittee for TC65, "Industrial-process measurement, control and automation"
- 2015 - now: Member of the IEC TC65/WG20 "Industrial-process measurement, control and automation– Framework to bridge the requirements for safety and security"
- 2015 - now: Member of the IEC TC65/AHG2 for “Reliability of Automation Devices and Systems”
- 2015 - now: Expert in the Austrian mirror comittee for ISO/TC 22 Road vehicles
- 2015 - now: Member of the IEC TC65/AHG 3 Smart Manufacturing Framework and System Architecture"
- 2016 - now: Member of the SAE/ISO JWG "Road Vehicles -- Automotive Security Engineering"
- Security Analysis of Urban Railway Systems: The Need for a Cyber-Physical Perspective
Author(s): B. Chen, C. Schmittner, Z. Ma, W.G. Temple, X. Dong, D. Jones, H. Sanders
Conference International workshop on the Integration of Safety and Security Engineering (ISSE 2015), Delft
Proceedings Springer; Computer Safety, Reliability, and Security - SAFECOMP 2015 Workshops; 277 - 290
- Using SAE J3061 for Automotive Security Requirement Engineering
Author(s): C. Schmittner, Z. Ma, C. Reyes, O. Dillinger, P. Puschner
Conference ERCIM/EWICS/ARTEMIS Workshop on “Dependable Embedded and Cyber-physical Systems and Systems-of-Systems” at SAFECOMP 2016, Trondheim
- Model based safety and systems engineering (2017)