Research, Technology & Innovation Policy
Tech Gate Vienna, Donau-City-Strasse 1, 1220 Vienna
Area: Foresight & Governance
Field: New R&I Processes and Systems
Main Research: Innovation processes & policies
Experience: Björn Budde, is junior scientist at AIT Austrian Institute of Technology. He holds a master degree in Socio-economics from the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (2007). Bjoern works on (policy) strategies to support the emergence and diffusion of sustainable innovations. In his research Bjoern frequently applies a mix of quantitative and qualitative methods, with a focus on case study research. He is an experienced user of the software package MaxQDA to analyse qualitative interview data usually gathered through interviews. Bjoern has been involved in a number of national and international academic and advisory projects in different fields related to RTI policy. His research results are published in international peer-reviewed journals
- 2011: Best Paper Award, Revisiting the Socio-Political and Technological Dimensions of Climate Change Conference, 19-20 May 2011, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
- 2010: Best Poster Award at the EuSPRI International Conference Tentative Governance in Emerging Science and Technology, University of Twente, the Netherlands
- Technological Hype and Disappointment: Lessons from the Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Case
Author(s): Budde, B., Bakker, S.
Journal: Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, 24 (6) (2012) ; 549-563
- Challenges of coordination between climate and technology policies: A case study of strategies in Denmark and the UK
Author(s): Budde, B.
Journal: Construction Innovation, 13 (1) (2013) ; 98-116
- Expectations as a key to understanding actor strategies in the field of fuel cell and hydrogen vehicles
Author(s): Budde, B., Alkemade, F., Weber, K.M.
Journal: Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 79 (6) (2013) ; 1072-1083
- On the relation between communication and innovation activities: A comparison of hybrid electric and fuel cell vehicles
Author(s): Budde, B., Alkemade, F., Hekkert, M.
Journal: Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions, 14 (2015) ; 45-59