The conference “ECOVATION 2018 Innovation and Sustainability in Public Procurement” (26th and 27th November 2018, Vienna) takes place under the Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. It is cooperatively organized by: Austrian Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs | Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology | Austrian Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism. Individual sessions are hosted by various innovation procurement Austrian stakeholders.
AIT hosted the session “Mutual learning on innovation procurement: Does policy support make a difference?” Below you will find further information:
Speakers & Panelists (from left to right): Matija Matoković, Marta Truco, Anne Müngersdorff, Eva Buchinger, Kjersti Berg, Sigutė Stankevičiūtė, Hannes Pöcklhofer / Photo (c) AIT
MUTUAL LEARNING ON INNOVATION PROCUREMENT: DOES POLICY SUPPORT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Which policy instruments exist in innovation procurement? From regulations over services to financing? What are the experiences in using these instruments? The participants learn about different national and European tools and good practices and ex-change their experiences.
• Horizon 2020 Policy Support Facility by Marta Truco (EC DG RDT)
• Mutual Learning Exercise (MLE) on Innovation Procurement & Panel discussion
• Berg, Kjersti K. (DIFI/NO) Innovation Partnerships (Norwegian experiences)
• Müngersdorff, Anne (ZENIT/DE) Innovation Procurement (local, regional & global perspective)
• Stankeviciüte, Sigute (MITA/LT) PCPs & EU Structural Funds (Lithuanian experiences)
• Commission perspective on Innovation Procurement (DG GROW‘s policies for strategic public procurement, including partnerships with big public buyers and networks, innovation procurement guidance and related pilots) by Matija Matokovic (EC DG GROW)
• Regional perspective on Innovation Procurement (Upper Austrian fostering of innovation through public procurement) by Hannes Pöcklhofer
• General discussion & participant experience exchange
Successfully promoting innovation in public procurement / Session hosted by AIT (PDF)