International Multistakeholder Conferences | Training & Exhibition
Building on past success, this third Vienna Cyber Security Week (VCSW) brings together national and international stakeholders in critical infrastructure and in cyber security for conducting information exchange, confidence building, and enhancing awareness of the risks and state of practice for digital system protection. The conference has four thematic thrusts:
- Diplomacy – exploring international and cross border issues for CIP and cyber security
- Technology – discussing the growth of the digital world and implementation of digital systems and their protection
- Business – examining business risks, solutions, and opportunities in the digital world
- Science – presenting the current R&D in digital system security
Consisting of multiple tracks over the course of five days, the conference seeks to enhance understanding of current approaches for cyber security worldwide, identify trends, and to provide a global forum for discussion. Special Tracks already identified include:
- Energy Security and Sector Specific Approaches - protecting the uninterrupted availability of energy sources at affordable costs.
- Critical Infrastructure Cyber Protection and Incident Response - establishing required capability, capacity, process, and resilience in combating cyber-attacks.
- Smart City and Smart Protection - enhancing security for the internet of everything.
- Combatting Cyber-Terrorism and Cyber-Crime - developing strategies and programmes to counter malicious use of digital technologies.
- Women’s Cyber Forum - promoting fair and equal involvement, capacity development and opportunity building
Tentative sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Diplomacy and Regional Approaches to Enhancing Cyber Security
- Confidence Building in Cyberspace
- Regional and Sub-Regional Cooperation for the protection of Cyberspace
- Cyber Security International Standards, Guidelines, and Directives –Smart City and Smart Protection
- Human Capacity Development – Building and Sustaining a Credible Cyber Security Workforce
- Women’s Cyber Forum
- Energy Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection from Cyber Exploitation
- Critical Infrastructure Sector Perspectives on Cyber Security
- Developing Operational Technology Focused Cyber-Incident Response
- Securing the Supply Chain – Challenges and Solutions
- Cyber Security Incident Planning and Response and Planning
- Countering Cyber Conflict, Terrorism and Crime
- Trends and Forecast on Threats, Technology, and future defence against Cyber Crime
- Cyber Conflict in Today’s Age
- Security of Gas and Oil Infrastructure from Cyber-Attack
- The Convergence of Nuclear Security and Cyber Security
- The Future of Cyber Security: Research and Expectations
- The Role of Advanced Technologies in Cyber Security
Structure: The conference programme will consist of an opening plenary session, technical sessions, panel sessions, focused training sessions and a closing plenary session.
Participation and Registration: All persons wishing to participate in the conference are requested to register online in advance through the conference web page:
Participants will be notified of their acceptance via formal correspondence.
Presenting: Persons who wish to present at the conference are requested to submit a synopsis of between 400 and 800 words on one of the topics of interests when registering for the conference.
Conference Fees: No registration fee is charged to participants, but all participants must register and are subject to selection. Side events such as specialized training may require nominal fees.
Sponsors and Exhibitors: The conference has multiple levels of corporate sponsorship available. Spacious exhibition area is available during the conference. Additional information can be found at the conference website. Parties interested in becoming sponsors or exhibiting, please contact Donald Dudenhoeffer at donald.dudenhoeffer(at)ait.ac.at.
Working Language: English
Venue: Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO) in Vienna, Austria. (Map: https://goo.gl/nJmFav)
Conference Web Page: https://www.energypact.org/