Strategic intelligence and empowerment for societal innovation
Public and private decision-makers encounter ambiguity and uncertainty in the face of major disruptions and transformations due to the shift towards decarbonization and digitalization.
The re-configuration of large-scale production and consumption systems for system transition requires thinking ahead and proactively engaging with all relevant stakeholders in shaping unknown societal futures towards sustainability. With our foresight, governance and modelling expertise, we work with national and international bodies as well as cities and regions in developing transition strategies (including fitting governance mechanisms and intervention instruments) towards envisioned futures.
Foresight for Policy
We offer design, facilitation and management of complex transformation processes (inclusion of diverse stakeholders, resolution of conflicts, definition of common ground for action).
We provide strategic intelligence for long-term transformation strategies and policies and corresponding investments. We thus enable our customers to develop robust options for tackling major challenges (health, climate change, increasing resource scarcity) by
- Assessing long-term changes in different areas of society (system changes and discontinuities)
- Developing future images involving different stakeholders as part of participatory procedures
- Assessing the contribution of social and technological innovations in transformative change processes
Transition Strategy Design
We support the adequate mixes of public and private players for strategic alignment and collective agenda-setting towards socio-technical transition (co-design/co-creation of cross-sectoral visions, values and goals). We thus empower our customers to master major societal challenges and actively shape their institutional environment by
- Building capacity to respond to, manage, and trigger regime shifts across multiple sectors and scales
- Identifying collective transition pathways and developing transition strategies
- Developing new institutional and organizational structures and routines
- Identifying strategic positions and roles for actors in the new environment