The international climate and energy goals and in particular the European Green Deal place great demands on the energy infrastructure: volatile, decentralized generation while maintaining security of supply, intersectoral networking and regulatory barriers.
AIT develops scenarios and uses dynamic energy system modeling methods to show how the infrastructure of the future can be designed and which regulatory and technological measures are required for implementation.
Energy markets - flexibility for markets and grids
Democratization and digitalization of the energy system bring new actors and methods into the energy markets. AIT supports market design, clarification of new role models and development of new business models e.g. in the field of local energy communities.
Our services include portfolio optimization for generation and flexibility utilization options, short- and medium-term energy price forecasts and cost-benefit analyses.
AIT develops solutions for you in this complex field and supports you in
- Development of scenarios for the energy system of the future.
- Planning and design phase, where established approaches cannot provide solutions across the boundaries of traditional technical domains.
- Dynamic modeling of electricity, gas and heat networks
- Economic, legal and technological issues related to the integration of the thermal and electric domains as well as synthetic gases and hydrogen
- Policy & regulatory support
- Derivation of RTI political recommendations for action