Collaborating with industry and academia, the Digital Insight Lab has been providing methods and tools for solving real-world data-oriented problems. Examples include:
- Analytics for understanding virtual currency ecosystems, such as Bitcoin (GraphSense, TITANIUM)
- Methods for using blockchain technology to drive data ecosystems (Data Market Austria)
- Solutions for the large-scale integration, analysis and visualization of Digital Humanities data (Pelagios, Europeana)
- Network monitoring and anomaly detection on large data sets for Cyber security (Patented AECID Technology; Projects: CAIS, synERGY)
- Cyber security incident reporting and threat intelligence analysis (CAESAIR technology; Projects: CIIS, CISA, ECOSSIAN)
The Digital Insight Lab team provides expertise for each step in a data science workflow, which typically begins with a clear hypothesis or problem formulation and covers the following subsequent phases: data aggregation and normalization, data analytics, data visualization, as well as data publication and preservation. All these phases can be built on strong security measures, providing privacy, confidentiality, and integrity.
Virtual currency systems such as Bitcoin are becoming increasingly important. AIT's experts are working on algorithmic solutions to help us to understand such systems and detect anomalies in them.