PhD on Innovation Pathways for TES
Following the ECSET-Plan Education and Training Roadmap (link) the project aims at developing a joint PhD programme between universities and research centres on the topic of Thermal Energy Storage (TES). The specific projects objectives comprise:
• to establish one joint PhD programme starting year 0+2
• to develop at least 20 ECTS as basic common training modules
• to develop four basic common technology PhD courses
• to establish one annual joint workshop for PhD students
• to aim at graduating at least 28 PhD students every year at year 0+6
• to exchange at least 14 PhD students every year between industry and academia.
The final result of such a network is to educate professionals on these technologies for the European research and industry institutions. The partners will be the core of a future larger network of excellent R&D institutions, and industries for co-funding and industrial placement, sharing infrastructure capacities, and enhancing mobility of students.
Project start: May 2015
Project duration: 36 months
Universidad de Lleida (Lead), Universitat de Barcelona, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, User Feedback Programm SL, University of Ulster, University of Cukurova, Università degli Studi di Perugia, Universitta della Calabria, Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Lyon, Be-Gurion University of the Negev, Rigas Theniska Universitate, Universidade do Minho, Universiteit Gent, Politecnika Warszawska, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Arcelik A.S., CONSORZIO PER IL LAVORO E LE ATTIVITA' INNOVATIVE E FORMATIVE, KIC Innoenergy SE, DLR, Abengoa Solar new Technologies SA, CNRS Centre national de la recherche scientifique
Funding line: H2020-LCE-2014-2
Project website: http://www.inpathtes.eu/
AIT contact: Gundula Weber