The role of ICT and control algorithms in power system operation is growing ever more important. Some new power system assets are largely based on power electronics, innovative control algorithms are being implemented to manage grid loading and data flows are increasing. Because of this digitalization trend, future power system planning and operation will require additional expertise in ICT and controls. AIT offers this expertise, together with comprehensive lab infrastructure to test and validate new solutions before field implementation.
- Testing of interoperability between new and existing assets
- Testing of new solutions under realistic conditions using controller and power hardware-in-the-loop testing
- End-to-end functional tests from communication to power interface
- Engineering of communication interfaces between different components
- ICT related failure analysis- Cyber security analysis and tests
- Expert advice on ICT and controls aspects of power systems-
- Seamless transition to field implementation through comprehensive lab testing