Semiconductors, Industry 4.0: Smart manufacturing in the domain of electronic components and systems.
Smart manufacturing in the domain of electronic components and systems will be significantly enabled by research and innovation in the context of Industry 4.0 or the “Industrial Internet”. Smart connected objects unleashed by enhanced data processing and communication capabilities will boost competitiveness of European Industry. Sustainable competiveness with smart production of electronic components and systems made in Europe is the main objective of the EU/ECSEL-project SemI40. As the innovations foreseen span a very wide field of actions, Semi40 project focusses on four domains of utmost importance:
- Data safety and security in manufacturing environment with special attention on legacy equipment,
- Agile manufacturing including small lot size production,
- Tools and methodologies for automated decision making in manufacturing shop floor, based on big data analysis methods,
- Methodologies for large nonlinear Fab virtualization including complexity reduction and material flow
Selected use cases implemented in real fab environment and pilot production sustainably improved competitiveness of the partners in the consortium. All use cases were assessed regarding their social and economic impact.
AIT contributed to the development of cyber-physical production system with dependability aware security analysis, trust and transparency enhancing methods and techniques for anomaly detection due to failures and threats. In addition, AIT applied MoMuT (Model-based mutation testing) for security testing and developed a novel approach to automatically re-organize legacy production networks based on asset inventory and log data collection.
Project duration: May 2016 – April 2019
Coordination: Infineon AG (AT)
Budget: € 61 919 643,75
Funding: € 11 805 962,59
- Industry: Austria: Infineon Technologies ITServices GmbH, Kompetenzzentrum Automobil und Industieelektronik GmbH, AT & Austria Technologie & Systemtecknik AG, Plansee SE, AVL List GmbH,
other: Infineon Technologies Dresden GmbH, Infineon Technologies AG (DE), Robert Bosch GmbH, L.P.E. SPA (IT), Ion Beam Services (FR), Critical Manufacturing S.A. (PO), Nanium S.A. (PO), IBM (CH)
- SME: other: Semikrion Elektronik GmbH & Co.KG, Systema Systementwicklung Dipl inf. Manfred Austen GmbH, Plasmetrex GmbH, Znt Zentren für Neue Technologien GmbH, Roth &Rau – Ortner GmbH, Istituto de Telecomunicacoes (PO)
- Academia: Austria: Kompetenzzentrum für Wissenbasierte Anwendungen und Systeme Forschung und Entwicklungs GmbH, Fraunhofer Austria Research GmbH, ViF, Uni Klagenfurt, Forschung Burgenland
other: Institut Automation und Kommunikation E.V: Magdeburg, TU Dresden, Università degli Studi di Pavia (IT) (et al.)