The high-level goal of the EU-project SECREDAS is to develop and validate multi-domain architecting methodologies, reference architectures and components for autonomous systems, combining high security and privacy protection while preserving functional-safety and operational performance.
One in four potential buyers/users in Europe of automated driving is reluctant to do so, mainly due to lack of security. To alleviate this problem, the ECSEL-project “Cyber Security for Cross Domain Reliable Dependable Automated Systems” (SECREDAS) will be making a first important step into the direction of developing “trust”-building components and (sub-)systems for the European industries of tomorrow. Four main directions are taken: Reference Architecture, Powerful Components, Common Approaches, Scenarios & Pilot Tests.
The approach taken is to study a number of relevant use cases with specific requirements of safety, security, and privacy. Together with current state-of-the-art reference architectures, the use cases will lead to a next generation of reference architecture and common elements for multiple application domains. On top of that, several domain-specific solutions will be built to work out domain-specific and common demonstrators for the different application domains. The focus will be mainly on the automotive sector; in addition, the medical, railways, and aerospace spin-outs will be investigated as well.
- Project duration: May 2018 – April 2021
- Coordination: NXP Semiconductors (NL)
- Budget: 51,6 M€
- Funding: 14,9 M€
- Partner (i.a.):
- Industry: AVL-AT (AT), AVL-SF (DE), BeyondVision (PT), CEVT (SE), COMSOL (DE), Canon Research (FR), FICO-ADAS (ES), GD (DE), Gemalto (FR), INDRA (ES), IP (PT), IPTelecom (PT), Nexus (SE), Nokia (FI), NXP (NL), Oberthur (FR), Roche (DE), Thales (AT), ZF (DE)
- SME: CSIC (AT), Commsignia (HU), IDEAS & MOTION (IT), IMA (CZ), IOTR (FR), INVIA/ISSM (FR), Magneti Marelli (IT), Prove & Run (FR), PDMFC (PT), SEN (DE), TML (BE), TST (ES), UBIQU (NL), YoGoKo (FR)
- Academia: BME (HU), BUT (CZ), CEA (FR), CSIC (ES), Fraunhofer IESE (DE), GUT (PL), IMEC-NL (NL), ITAV (PT), RISE (SE), SICS (SE), TNO (NL), TU/e (NL), UNIKL (DE), Uni Oulo (FI), Unimore (IT), UP Bucharest (RO), VIF (AT)