The whole-sale deployment of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) connected to the network at all voltage levels will require radically new approaches for real time voltage and frequency control.
ELECTRA researches radical new control solutions for voltage and frequency control in the 2030+ power system, utilizing flexibility from across traditional boundaries.
- Scenarios and requirements for power system operation 2050
- Functional architecture for future networks
- ELECTRA Voltage and Frequency control approach
- Operational Flexibility and ancillary services
- Power System Observability
- 21 partner from 16 countries
- Started in December 2013 as a 4 years project
- 13.1 M€ budget with 10M€ EC contribution under FP7
AIT Austrian Institute of Technology (Technical Coordinator)