Smart Metering rollout support
Intermediate evaluation of Smart Meter rollout programs
Our experts assist in the evaluation of Smart Meter pilot projects and the preparation of a rollout.
- Customer segment selection for a further Smart Meter implementation
- Standard based, scalable ICT architecture design for a rollout
- Analysis of smart meter pilot data and results
Pre-field integration tests
The AIT SmartEST laboratory offers the possibility to model complete low voltage grids or network sections up to 1 MW load or generation.
- Integration tests with Gateways, PV inverters, home energy management systems and storage systems
- Verification of multi-device, smart home and prosumer use cases
Security & privacy of Smart Meter data
New framework conditions and legislation on a European level require stakeholders in the Smart Grid area to prepare their security processes.
- Data protection impact assessment
- Compliance assessment for incident reporting, e.g. NIS directive, COM(2013) 48
Advanced Smart Meter functionalities
Advanced smart meter functionalities support monitoring and cand control to optimize network utilization
- Network monitoring and load forecasting using smart meters
- Meter data handling and processing for network operation support
- Support of power quality analysis and renewable integration