In MoSeS4eGov model based technologies are developed, in order to facilitate the compilation and integration of applications in the e-government system.
Current e-government systems are characterized by a wide range of functions, many different applications and interfaces to various IT-systems. This circumstance does not only complicate the maintenance of existing applications but impedes and prevents the creation of new applications. These would be possible through the connection of data coming from existing and future registers for new fields of application in the area of security as for example for crisis management.
With “MoSeS4eGov – Model-based Security System for e-Government” a solution to this problem should be pointed out through the employment of model based approaches (MDA- Model Driven Architecture). It focuses on the combination of the modeling of functional exigencies and security requirements. The modeling on different levels of abstraction, with a to a greatest possible extend automated conversion of the models into machine-readable artifacts increases the efficiency for the creation and the maintenance of applications, augments the quality of the implementation and reduces the error-proneness whereby the security of the system is considerably incremented.
- Project start: March 2010
- Project duration: 2 years
- Budget: approximately 1 million €
- Funding: approximately 0,7 million €, the project is funded within the security research support program KIRAS by the Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Innovation und Technologie (federal ministry for transport, innovation and technology)
- Coordination: AIT Austrian Insitute of Technology
- Partner: Bundesministerium für Inneres (Federal Ministry of the Interior), Bundesministerium für Landesverteidigung und Sport (Federal Ministry for National Defense and Sport), PL.O.T EDV-Planungs- und Handels GesmbH, Sphinx IT Consulting GmbH, BOC Asset Management GmbH, Secure Business Austria, Donau Universität Krems (University of Krems), JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH