Effective Coordinated ROAD infrastructure Safety operations
ECOROADS is an EU-project that is dealing with coherent road safety operations at inspections on open roads and in tunnels, as well, with the aim of quicker and better planned road safety measures to maximize safety for road workers and other road users.
The general objective of the project is to overcome the barrier established by a formal interpretation of the two Directives 2008/96/EC (on road infrastructure safety management) and 2004/54/EC (on tunnels), that in practice doesn’t allow to perform the same road safety Audit/Inspections inside tunnels. To overcome this barrier, ECOROADS aims at the establishment of a common enhanced approach to road infrastructure and tunnel safety management by using concepts and criteria of the Directive 2008/96/EC on road infrastructure safety management and the results of related EC funded projects. Main objective of the project is to prepare and demonstrate joint safety operations. Safety and tunnel experts are doing a joint safety inspection both in open roads, transition areas and tunnel sections.
This project is funded by the European Commissioninthe H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 652821, call topic- MG.8.1-2014 „Smarter design, construction and maintenance“.
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
- Forum of European National Highway Research Laboratories, FEHRL
- European Transport Safety Council
- The European Union Road Federation
- European Association with tolled motorways, bridges and tunnels
- Italian Association of Road Safety Professionals
- South East Europe Transport Observatory