We are looking for test persons!
Initial situation and motivation
New trend devices are regularly entering the market, which are promoted and advertised by retailers in different ways. In recent years, small e-vehicles have become increasingly available (e.g. hoverboards, e-scooters, longboards, Segways, monowheels etc.). Due to the increased use of different small vehicles on everyday roads, it is now necessary to create appropriate legal and infrastructural framework conditions. So far, these framework conditions have only been created reactively, although the trends were foreseeable.
The potential of electrically powered micro-vehicles is unfolding above all in combination with public transport, since the "first and last mile" of everyday journeys can be covered quickly with these vehicles, thus creating an attractive alternative to the car. In addition, an extension of accessibility on footpaths has a positive effect on active forms of mobility.
Objectives and results
Within the scope of the e-WALK project (recording the impact potentials of the everyday use of small electric vehicles for pedestrians), concrete measures are derived on the basis of the analysis of the necessary framework conditions on the supply and demand side as well as potential traffic effects, which promote the use of small electric vehicles to increase the modal shift to means of transport of the environmental alliance (active mobility, public transport).
In doing so, infrastructural, user-related, legal and traffic safety aspects are taken into account.
The aims of this practical test are to identify problem and conflict situations in order to increase road safety and to identify additional requirements and wishes for infrastructure and public transport providers.
Procedure of the test
- You will receive an small e-vehicle free of charge for the test week.
- This will be integrated into your daily routines by you for one week (7 days).
- An app will be installed on your smartphone and records your travelled ways.
- Problem areas and points of conflict should be entered on a map in the app.
- Finally, a questionnaire should be answered in this app after each trip.
- After the entire test week, a final conversation (approx. 15 minutes) will take place.
Questions to the test persons
We would like to hear from you which suggestions for improvement from your point of view lead to a more comfortable and safer use of small e-vehicles. The identification of problem and conflict areas in the infrastructure is just as important as, for example, the possibility of taking the vehicle with you or parking it.
- What measures should be taken to facilitate the use of e-vehicles for you?
- What should be done to increase your safety with this e-vehicle?
- Are there conflicts with other road users? When and where do they occur?
- Are there any other improvement measures to increase your comfort?
- What does it take for you to permanently integrate small e-vehicles into your everyday mobility?
Do you want to become part of the project and test an E-Scooter for one week for free? Please send an email to AIT project manager Klemens Schwieger. We look forward to hearing from you!