The microstructure is the fundamental quantity for determining material properties. The close collaboration of highly experienced technologists with scientific specialists for nearly every task enables in-depth analyzes of the materials and relates these to the respective process conditions. Thus, problems in the manufacturing process can be identified, e.g. with respect to casting and forming parameters, heat treatments or the input of foreign material, and can subsequently be remedied.
- Preparation and documentation of sections of metallic materials and composite material samples
- Section analysis according to test standard as well as beyond that so as to be tailored to the respective Task
- Micromechanical analysis (down to individual phases) by means of Vickers microhardness measurement
- Quantitative determination of particle and cell sizes
- Documentation and evaluation of samples from forming and heat treatment tests
- Confocal white light microscopy: 3D surface profiles for quality and wear documentation
|Test Procedure||Performance Parameters||Application|
Optimisation of casting parameters
Evaluation of element influences of complex material composites, weld seams, etc..
|Particle size measurement|
Influence of particle refining or cooling rates
Effect of heat treatment parameters
Mechanical analysis of individual phases
Confocal white light microscopy
Preparation of surface profiles
3D documentation of surface qualities
Abrasion depths, etc.
|Fracture surface analysis||Stereomicroscopy, SE-REM analysis|
Analysis of fracture types
structural and chemical analysis of inclusions