Technologies for next-generation solar cells
We develop new materials, manufacturing processes and characterisation methods for thin-film solar cells, providing component manufacturers and machine developers with a competitive edge on this promising new market.
- Development of new material combinations (transparent conductive oxides) and cell concepts
- Design of cost-efficient fabrication processes for thin-film solar cells and modules
- Development of non-destructive and non-invasive methods for in-situ characterisation
- Structural, optical and photovoltaic characterisation of cells and materials
- Advanced thin-film cell concepts based on scientifically grounded development support
- Higher efficiency in manufacturing through process optimisation