Biomining & Smart Screening
Bacteria and fungi contain a large number of as yet undetected genes with novel functions and unknown regulation mechanisms. We screen these microorganisms for new industrial enzymes and valuable active substances and develop the relevant production processes. AIT experts use genome and metagenome libraries to extend, modify and improve microbial activity patterns.
Our comprehensive collection offers the possibility to test the physiological functions of these microorganisms and their suitability for industrial use. Our expertise and our research activities enable us to investigate regulatory processes and optimise suitable microorganisms for the production of homologous and heterologous performance proteins and metabolites.
• Expanding the range of microbial metabolites and enzymes
• Generation of genome and metagenome libraries
• Sequencing and genome mining
• Exploration and optimisation of regulation mechanisms
• Screening methods for enzymes, metabolites, antibiotics and other bioactive substances – from enrichment, cultivation and activity tests through to chemical structure determination