ENVIROFI - The Environmental Observation Web and its Service Applications within the Future Internet
As part of the FI-PPP programme, ENVIROFI consolidates the Future Internet requirements from the Environmental Usage Area perspective and provides technical specifications and prototypes of interoperable geospatial Environmental Enablers. These shall be deployed in the terrestrial, atmospheric and marine environments in collaboration with large stakeholder communities with the perspective of achieving sustainable socio-economic progress in Europe.
The objectives of the project are:
- articulation of the Future Internet requirements of the Environmental Usage Area;
- identification and conceptual implementation of the Specific Enablers for the Environmental Usage Area operating in a multi-style service oriented architecture compatible with the overall FI-PPP architecture and FI-Ware Generic Enablers;
- preparing the second phase FI-PPP project which will capitalize on FI-Ware Generic Enablers, develop Specific Enablers to pre-operative level and demonstrate the sustainability of the ENVIROFIed Future Internet le
Main AIT contributions:
- Technical management and participation in the programme-wide FI-PPP Architecture Board
- Development of the Specific Enablers for acquisition and quality assurance of the observations from mobile citizens and their integration in Atmospheric Condition, Marine Assets and Biodiversity pilots
- Starting date: April 2011
- Duration: 2 Years
- Budget: 6,5 Million €
- Funding: 5,0 Million € from the EC
- Administrative Coordination: ATOS S.A.
- Technical Coordination: AIT Austrian Institute of Technology
- Partners: 14 partners from 9 countries