By using a series production casting machine, R&D projects can be carried out under production conditions. Integration of production-related process conditions with the methods of alloying technology established in the LKR enables an efficient implementation of R&D results in industrial practice.
- Alloy structure (Effect of the Individual Alloy elements)
- Setting of Gefügemerkmalen
- Tuning structure/Heat Treatment
- Melting technology and temperature control
- Melt Quality (composition, purity)
- Melt treatment, grain refinement, finishing
- Characterization (Spectro, Metallography, DSC, Dilatometer)
- Numerical methods of alloy development and process engineering: Structure Simulation (MathCalc), form filling simulation, solidification simulation etc.