We use and develop innovative statistical and bioinformatics methods and offer statistical support in validation studies.
Our services range from experimental design, feature selection and assay standardisation to the development of decision support systems. A major focus of our research is on the analysis of sequencing data. We have comprehensive experience in analysing data obtained with various sequencing methods and can thus provide optimal support in this field.
Cloud-based analysis platforms
We focus on developing methods in support of clinical research. We apply user-friendly, efficient and modular workflow systems, which enable researchers without any bioinformatics background to perform analyses in an accurate and reliable manner. These projects are carried out in close collaboration with the start-up company Platomics, an AIT spin-off (http://www.platomics.com).
- Experimental design: sample selection, choice of platform, good practices
- Assay design & analysis for biomarker validation: screenings using microarrays and sequence analysis, customer-specific data analysis
- Customised modules for biomarker identification and validation: multivariate statistics, identifying and applying the appropriate statistical models
- Data analysis of NGS experiments: whole genome sequencing, whole exome sequencing, RNA sequencing, bisulfite sequencing
- Development of decision support systems based on biomarkers and clinical studies
- Microbiome studies: analysis setup, data analysis and interpretation of results
- Genome assembly: generation of contigs and scaffolds, gene identification and analysis, homology analysis
- Pipeline development: NGS data analysis, qPCR data analysis, creation of graphical input masks for users without bioinformatics background