Smart TSO-DSO interaction schemes, market architectures and ICT Solutions for the integration of ancillary services from distributed energy resources.
The increasing integration of massive quantities of generation from Renewable Energy Sources (RES) constitutes a challenge for the pan-European system, both at the transmission and at the distribution level.
SmartNet aims at providing architectures for optimized interaction between TSOs and DSOs in managing the exchange of information for monitoring and for the acquisition of ancillary services (reserve and balancing, voltage regulation, congestion management) both at national level and in a cross-border context. It takes into account the participation of distributed generation, demand side and storage to system services.
The ambition of SmartNet is well beyond that of comparable projects and aims at providing a holistic approach (system layout, markets architectures, ICT environment) able to compare as a whole different approaches to the TSO-DSO interaction and to provide a concrete answer referred to selected national cases so as to be able to formulate guidelines for the future regulatory provisions.
• SmartNet provides optimal solutions for analysing the provision of ancillary services involving actors located at the distribution level.
• Different TSO-DSO interaction architectures will be evaluated with their pros and cons, and costs will be analysed thoroughly in order to develop a clear business model.
• SmartNet will provide a fully validated ICT application on a replica “lab” environment. This environment could be re-used after the end of the project by proposing fully customized products tailored to the different national markets.
• 22 partners from 9 European countries
• 3 national pilot projects in Italy, Denmark and Spain
• Start January 2016, duration 3 years
• 12,65 M€ Budget
RSE SPA (Project Coordinator)
AIT Austrian Institute of Technology
DANSKE COMMODITIES A/S
EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE