Noise Emission and Abatement
Road traffic is regarded as one of the biggest sources of noise in urban areas and along main traffic routes. The AIT's acoustic specialists combine ultra-precise measurements taken on site with comprehensive simulations in order to model traffic-related noise emissions numerically. The results of measurements and simulations form the basis for the development of low-noise road surfaces and help manufacturers of noise protection elements to develop and infrastructure operators to implement effective noise protection measures along particularly noisy routes.
- Rolling noise and pass-by noise measurements for acoustic characterisation of road surfaces
- Modelling and analysis of tyre-road surface interaction using sound field simulations
- Measurement and acoustic analysis of noise barriers in terms of effectiveness and long-term behaviour (Adrienne method)
- Optimisation of noise barriers in terms of geometry, surface, materials and positioning using the latest simulation techniques
- Forecasting of effectiveness of noise protection measures using sound field and sound propagation simulations
Other acoustic services
- Approval certificates according to §31a Railway Act in the field of noise protection
- Acoustic analyses within the scope of accreditation
Learn more about the project eVADER - Electric Vehicle Alert for Detection and Emergency Response.
Head of Transportation Infrastructure Technologies
T: +43 50550-6256
F: +43 50550-6599
manfred.haider (at) ait (ac.at)