We develop NFC sensors and intelligent NFC tags which enable reliable, simple and fast data acquisition from different sources.
The AIT and the EMC division of Seibersdorf Labor GmbH (SL) develop NFC sensors and intelligent NFC tags which enable reliable, simple and fast data acquisition from different sources. Relevant applications in the health sector range from the measurement of individual health-related parameters through to comprehensive therapy management.
A range of intelligent NFC sensors has been developed – they can be used for measuring the fill level of drugs in pens or (auto)injections to record removed drugs from a blister or biochemical values (e.g. blood sugar, histamine…) and determining skin hydration, temperature and UV intensity. These smart NFC solutions have been met with great interest in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry and offer a broad field of applications for the future, given the increasing popularity of NFC-enabled smartphones.
- Design and development of next-generation NFC sensors and intelligent NFC tags
- Development and optimisation of energy harvesting systems for autonomous NFC sensors
- Integration of NFC technologies in the health sector (telemedicine, eHealth, Active Assisted Living) and analysis of user requirements and indication
- App-based integration of NFC sensors and systems into IT platforms
- Preparation of documents required for certification according to ISO 13485 and MDD-2007
- Prototype validation in test series with patients (pilot projects, test regions)
- Support in funding application for new NFC developments and pilot projects
- Measurement of exposure in electromagnetic fields and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)