AIT develops innovative physical-chemical methods for the separation of homogeneous and complex heterogeneous mixtures of substances for different applications.
- Membrane-based separation of hydrophilic and hydrophobic substances from liquid mixtures and suspensions using microfiltration (MF), nanofiltration (NF), ultrafiltration (UF), reverse osmosis (RO)
- Membrane pervaporation and vapour permeation; purification of organic-aqueous liquid mixtures
- Special purification techniques for filtration and membrane processes
- Electrically assisted membrane and hybrid processes
- Adsorptive separation using natural and synthetic selective sorbents; ion exchange
- Separation using liquid-membrane technique
- Separation using supercritical carbon dioxide distillation