"Innovation Systems Knowledge & Talent Development Programme" is a Master Thesis and PhD Programme that connects the university based and non-university based research in the field of innovation science.
It is a cooperation between the Innovation Systems Department and various Austrian Universities. Students of the Austrian partner universities can apply for the announced topics and get a grant to finalize their Master Thesis or PhD. They also get support from their mentor from AIT and the chance to publish a scientific article.
Targets of the programme are
- to establish a high-level education programme in the field of Innovation & Sustainability for Master or PhD students
- Institutionalisation of the Innovation Systems programme cooperation between university and research
- to develop highly-qualified human capacity for the Austrian innovation system
- Institute for Economic Geography and GIScience, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Institute of Management Science, Vienna University of Technology
- Institute for Information Science and Information Systems, University of Graz
- Institute for Systems Science, Innovation & Sustainability Research, University of Graz
- Department of Political Science, University of Vienna
The programme is supported by the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation & Technology and the Austrian Agencies, Austria Wirtschaftsservice (AWS), the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG), as well as the Vienna Science and Technology Fund (WWTF).
We expect from the applicants an extensive discussion of the chosen research question at the level of international scientific standards. This implicates additional work and expense and demands the willingness to take part in the discussion of the scientific community.
We are looking for candidates who look forward to a scientific career at a university, applied research institutions or who are willing to transcript their consolidated findings in politics or commerce. As a result of our intensive mentoring, we want our graduates to have the ability, to work independently at the level of highest international standards and to build the foundation for a successful scientific career.
- intensive mentoring by experienced and internationally renowned experts from university and the Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT)
- a work environment which is strongly oriented towards international research
- the possibility to work in teams
- funding of the Diploma / Master / PhD project (scholarship)
- the possibility to publish the Diploma / Master thesis or Dissertation in a book series
* in cooperation with TU Wien
** in cooperation with Institute of Economic Geography and GIScience, Department of SozioEconomics, WU Wien